So when I do make something amazing I always feel I have to share with the world. I cannot take all the praise and credit as I was not the one who found the recipe on the internet. My friend Alicia did. Since we made it, I added more olive oil and more garlic.
So to get back to my breakfast for the past couple of days... (because I also can't get enough if it is good and have to eat it all the time) is parsley pesto on toast with a boiled egg. So delicious!
I am happy to share the original recipe found on a website here of course, but my tweaked version below, because I didn't have the ingredients listed on said website and I wanted to make the pesto.
- 1 bunch parsley (fresh out of the garden from a lovely dear friend Christine)
- 1 big spoon of minced garlic (garlic is essential in my cooking)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup or more extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
wash parsley and remove stems, mix everything together in your blender or food processor. Eat.